Leaping Warrior Cats
Welcome to Leaping Warrior Cats or LWC! Please Login or Register below, we welcome anyone, big or small! Also, kindly have your name be a warrior name! Every month or so, Hazelstar goes through and deletes all non-warrior names. (:

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Leaping Warrior Cats
Welcome to Leaping Warrior Cats or LWC! Please Login or Register below, we welcome anyone, big or small! Also, kindly have your name be a warrior name! Every month or so, Hazelstar goes through and deletes all non-warrior names. (:
Leaping Warrior Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berserkers - July's ORPG

+5
Moonsong
Shadowseer
Hazelstar
Keres
Ravenheart
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Berserkers - July's ORPG Empty Berserkers - July's ORPG

Post by Hazelstar Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 am

Official July RPG

Anyone is free to join an Official Roleplay. Though, they’re to be regarded with higher expectations. Your posts should be 3-4 sentences long and contain proper grammar and benefit the story line. By doing so, there shouldn’t be any confusion in what somebody is trying to contribute. (I’ll warn you if your posts are confusing) There is no God-Modding (using another players cat to act out something or killing somebody off). This is simply not allowed and you won’t receive a warning. With that said, you’ll receive warnings if you don’t contribute properly. If you continue to do so, you’ll be banned from the roleplay and unable to participate. Please make sure to read the entire prologue. I know it is long but it helps benefits the story! Plus, there's fire cats.  Twisted Evil Other than that, be nice (Or rough) and happy roleplaying!

I’ll participate and monitor the RPG. Though, I’ll be giving alerts and changes that could effect you and the roleplay so be on the look out!

An addition to this roleplay is something called badges. Whoever participates ACTIVELY will receive a badge on their profile by the end of the roleplay.

-Hazelstar

——————————————————————————————————————————

Berserkers

Berserkers - July's ORPG <a href=Berserkers - July's ORPG Berser10

Prologue: The clans were living peaceful once again. The Rotten epidemic was behind them and they had grown their ranks once again with little to no fighting. To the clan cats, life could be no better. It was the middle of greenleaf, the flowers were blooming and all borders were calm and quiet. Medicine cats had full storage of herbs and every clan had full bellies. The peaceful atmosphere had grown quite well on the clan cats, so much so that something was brewing right under their noses. The clans hadn’t notice it yet and it was quite normal for some cats to get colds during green leaf so the medicine cats didn’t take note of it either. No omen came from Starclan since this was an outside force, presumably so.

Night patrols began picking up scents of… something. Each clan reported it back to their leaders but when a patrol was sent in the morning, all traces of it was gone. It scared the clans but nothing was to be done if this mysterious scent was doing no harm.  

The next gathering came, with the full moon shining brightly. All the clans arrived on time and it went as planned. Leaders spoke of their hardships and congratulated new warriors and apprentices. Upon a leader’s word, the gathering ended and cats began to group up again according to their clan. They were all about to leave when a cloud crosses the moon, darkening the landscape all around the clan cats. They chattered among themselves fearfully, looking up in horror, just to be introduced to something else equally as scary.

“The stars! Where are they?!” A lone queen yowled, breaking through the chatter and causing mayhem.
“They’re gone? Is StarClan okay?”
“StarClan, where are you?”
“Oh please help us! We’re doomed!”

“Look, look! What is that?” A cat called from the mayhem, bringing silence and drawing attention to a lone cat running across WindClan’s moor. He ran awkwardly for something quite large was stuck in his mouth, and behind him laid a trail of something bright and orange. The cat seemed plastered with wet mud, melting from the heat. It was what all the cat’s feared it was. The cat was spreading fire along the moor with a stick in his mouth and it was way farther than just the cat’s trail.  As the cat’s focus was on WindClan’s territory, ShadowClan, SkyClan, and ThunderClan’s trees light up in the distance, fire there as well.

“WindClan’s territory! ShadowClan and ThunderClan too!” A warrior yowled, looking just as panicked as a newborn kit.
"Not SkyClan as well!"
Groups of cats moved toward them, the fear scent so strong it was clogging up the air. Injured and scared, the cats left behind at the camps began pouring into the island.
“ThunderClan’s Camp is gone.”
“ShadowClan too”
“Same with WindClan, we barely got out with our lives”
"SkyClan went up in flames in a matter of minutes."

The clan cats looked around, unable to process what was going on and what to do. “Where’s RiverCl—“ A large fiery explosion came from in the marshes, sending hot balls of mud and marsh flying in every direction. The clan’s yowled as one, RiverClan the loudest for their now gone clanmates. It almost seemed a fiery bomb had been placed in the camp.. From the explosion crawled a figure, pulling himself with his front legs since his hind legs seemed to be lame. His pelt was burned and his skin was scorched in multiple places, bleeding out.

“You all nee—“ He coughed up blood, his whole body heaving, “Need to leave… they’ll kill all of you…” His breathing faltered as he let his weight fall beneath his paws, head in the ground.
“They call themselves Berserkers… they wield fire like no other cat can. They’re absolutely fearless.. they said someone told them to get rid of us..” He coughs one last time before laying limb in the grass.
“That means there’s a traitor amongst us!”
“My kits are dead and the traitor is alive, we must find him!”
“Stop yelling!” Yowled one of the leaders, her pelt bristled with fear and confusion. “We have to leave, it’s unsafe for us”

So as one, the clans left. Heads low but alert for more dangers, they crossed the barn on WindClan’s territory and exited the same way they had came in many moons previously. Were they to leave their territory behind again? Or should they fight back and learn how to wield fire themselves? And who is the traitor who just tricked all of the clans?

Find out in Berserkers, the newest Official RPG to make it’s entrance on LWC!

Present Time: The clans have been away from their homes for 3 moons now. There haven’t been any sign of the Berserkers since, but a lone stream of smoke comes from the clan territories occasionally. Almost like a warning to stay away. Amongst their time away, they’ve lost their boundaries again and have begun to mingle as one. Hunting patrols are scent out with a mixture of all the clans, along with a pretty steady flow of fresh kill. The clan’s also have healed from their burns and scratches and the medicine cat’s have began stoking up their resources again.
There’s been talk of a possible counter attack though among the leaders. We’ll see what happens..

Some extra rules:
-No cat is invincible to fire, so if you’re burnt, you’re injured.

-I’ll open up character sheets for Berserkers later in the RPG

-Hazelstar will be posting ‘status updates’ that’ll change the roleplay so please make sure to check either the main post or her posts to see that.

-Loners are presumably with the clancats

-You're roleplaying as YOUR character on LWC. So I'll be roleplaying as Hazelstar for example. No made-up characters!

-I'll be roleplaying for Mossstar since she's unable to post much in July. So I'll be Hazelstar, leader of RiverClan for the time being.

-Onyxstar, leader of ShadowClan is missing currently (she can't post for the first week of July).

-Be sure to enjoy yourself and be ready for anything. This roleplay is gonna be a blast Razz

Hazelstar, Owner Little thing
Hazelstar
Hazelstar
Admin
Admin

https://leapingwcats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Berserkers - July's ORPG Empty Re: Berserkers - July's ORPG

Post by Shadowseer Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:00 pm

A large wall of flames arose; the light and heat that radiated from their depths so harsh that it filled the shadowy realm in a vibrant, scorching hot yellow light. The heated air was filled with the loud rumble of flames- the crackling of the flames so loud it almost entirely drown of the many different whispers and cries that filled the air. Hundreds of voices filled the air with shrieking cries of terror and pain but yet none of their cries rang clearly; all of the words spoken seemed to fall upon her ears as distorted whispering pleas. Shadowseer attempted to backed away from the now rapidly spreading flames, but her paws seemed rooted to the ground as the flames slowly crept towards her. The disembodied whispers seemed to grow louder and louder in her ears and the flames roared towards her; the many voices fading into one singular anguished cry of, "All of the Clan's are gone! The camp's and all those within burn! We must-" Shadowseer's eyes snapped open and were only met with the soft frond palms she had nested under instead of flames of her dreams. Heart pounding rapidly, the tortoiseshell she-cat shakily sat up and inhaled deeply, sucking in the cool morning air to sooth her sore throat.

"It's been a long time since I've had a prophetic dream of that magnitude. Something must be terribly wrong." Shadowseer reflected as she rose to her paws, her hackles still risen from her nightmarish dream. Tilting her head to the sky, Shadowseer inhaled deeply through her nose, and much to her surprise- faint tinges of acrid smoke filled her nose and left a foul taste upon her tongue. Becoming rather curious toward's the origin of the smoke, Shadowseer began to inhale more deeply as she prowled around the small forest. As she followed the scent through the small forest, Shadowseer felt the fur on the back of her nape prickle as the scent grew stronger. Coming to the break in the tree's that signaled the end of the small forest she called home, Shadowseer felt the scent of smoke become stronger as she hurriedly approached the break in the tree-line.
The sun-light that struck Shadowseer in the face momentarily blinded her as she attempted to gaze down at the clan territory, her eyes blinking rapidly as she attempted to regain her sight. When her vision finally adjusted to the incredibly bright light, Shadowseer felt her fur spike as she was greeted with the sight of the Clan-territories; nearly all of the lands were burnt entirely and hardly any tree's remained intact. A singular plume of smoke rose into the air- which struck Shadowseer as odd due to the fact that the fire that ravaged the territories must of already passed judging by the looks of the land.

"What happened? I wonder where any of the survivor's are.."Shadowseer wondered, her fur prickling as a gust of wind sent ashes dancing throughout the land and returning the scent of despair and smoke back to her. Shadowseer immediately set off for the burnt territories in hopes of reconciling with any remaining survivors that lingered in the area- knowing that they would be in desperate need of any extra set of paws.

(Very long, boring first post I'm sorry, but somebody needed to start the ORPG. xD)
Shadowseer
Shadowseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravensky Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:02 pm

(The real cause of the fires are from Onyxstar twerking so fast guys. She even admitted it.)

I ate a worm. It was sticking out of the ground. I licked it up then walked into camp. There were still a few ashes laying on the ground and I sighed. Why did those cats have to come? And who was the traitor? I sighed again. I walked into camp and told Drizzlestar I was leaving to hunt. I trotted out of camp and kept my ears perked. I was smelling for prey when I caught a whiff of smoke. I snorted. Wondering where it was coming from I headed over there. I carefully walked through the brush. My kind raced wondering if it was a twoleg or the Berserkers. I heard a twig snap. I looked around. Suddenly I saw a brown pelt. Two yellow eyes stared at me. My eyes widened and I turned tail and ran. I shouldn't have been there. They were certainly there...
Ravensky
Ravensky
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Moonsong woke alone, choking on the bitter scent of ash carried on the wind. They ran a tentative lick along the inside of their fangs, came away with a tongue coated in thick taste and promptly wiped it on their paw with a choking noise. Wh -- what burned? Everything smells, and it's annoying... Their first concern was for themselves, one ear twitching unhappily, but they looked around for Shadowseer quickly enough. 

Their mentor had a habit of disappearing, admittedly, going to visit the Clans and holding back almost any information for what Moonsong was half-convinced was only for a sense of mystique, but this was actually worrying; they opened their mouth to scent, wincing as another flake of ash hit their tongue, and trailed after her scent. The fire didn't smell fresh, with the sparks long extinguished, but they'd not traveled towards the territory in recent memory and weren't like to notice things like an occasional ominous plume of smoke anyway.

The burned ground bit into the soft pads of their paws painfully as they tracked Shadowseer, and they gave a deeply unhappy meow as they sped up until they could catch her, running straight into her in shock when they saw the patchwork group of survivors, gathered regardless of Clan in something that set the ex-ShadowClan warrior on edge, even now. "There're so few..."

[ oh boy!! oh boy this is exciting! but wow, i have issues with internal narration, geez. ]
Moonsong
Moonsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelstar Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 pm

*Another reminder, I'm taking Mossstar's role as RiverClan leader for this ORPG. She's unable to be on for a couple weeks in July. I'll be keeping my name though*

Hazelstar woke suddenly from a cough fit. Her coughs sent ash spraying up in the air, filling her small makeshift den of brambles and mud. Ugh, all this stupid ash is everywhere and it making the medicine cat's jobs hard.. She shook herself, freeing her long white hair and exposing her snowy pelt from the layer of matted ash. She squeezed her way out, squinting at how bright the sun was. Once her eyes adjusted, she watched the small group of cats milling around in the clearing. Her heart ached at the lack of RiverClan representation. They had been hit the worst from the Berserkers. She turned herself away from it, ignoring her depressing thoughts, Keep those in the den. Out here you're their leader and represent the little or so strength of the group.

She padded over to the fresh-kill pile, pulling out a fish and eating it quickly. It tasted bland with the slight grain of ash catching in her teeth. Since the Berserkers were still lighting fires here and there, the ash was continuously building up without disappearing into the ground. I think maybe we should have a meeting of some sort to decide what to do next.. I'll talk to the other leaders She got up from the fresh-kill pile and mingled among the other leaders and senior warriors to figure out what to do next.
Hazelstar
Hazelstar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowseer Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Shadowseer stumbled slightly as Moonsong stumbled headlong into her, her irritation sparking greatly as they caused ash to puff up into the air in small clouds. Shaking out her long fur, Shadowseer re-directed her attention to the makeshift camp that sported so little cats before nodding in response to Moonsong's previous statement. "Come along, we need to go see whatever leader's are left and offer our services." Shadowseer sighed, looking over at her companion.

"This was not a natural fire. It was too well contained and placed. Something happened." Shadowseer reflected quietly instead of answering her apprentice- scanning the damaged forest with narrowed eyes and a wary expression. Stepping forward, Shadowseer grunted slightly as ash puffed from her steps and stuck to her paws, she began to make her way towards the camp of refugees. More ash filled the air as she walked, causing Shadowseer to sneeze several times as she drew closer to the camp. Upon entering the camp several remaining cat's gave her wary glances and whispered to themselves, but none of them approached her as Shadowseer made her way up to the first leader she spotted- which happened to be Hazelstar.

"Hazelstar." Shadowseer respectfully dipped her head to the white she-cat before raising her head and eyeing the makeshift camp with a worrisome look. "It appear's that the Clan's are...struggling. My apprentice and I have come to offer our services and help the injured." Shadowseer explained, noting that Moonsong was still lingering a few steps behind- probably still surveying the burnt forest.
Shadowseer
Shadowseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keres Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:13 pm

3 moons ago...
Keres had been hunting when she first smelled the thick, choking hint of smoke in the air. Alarmed, she immediately abandoned the trail of the squirrel she had been following. I'm close to ThunderClan's territory... is their camp burning? But there's no storms or lightning. The tabby she-cat clawed her way up a tall oak tree, leaping smoothly from branch to branch until she finally had a good view across the lake. And she nearly fell off her perch when she took in the view. No, no, no... what's going on? The land was burning. Everywhere, flames roared high into the sky. This was the very image of Keres's worst nightmare. Without another thought, she was scrambling down to the ground to where she knew she was safe from the fire that was encroaching from all directions -- the lake.

[Now]
No matter how much she cleaned her fur, Keres's fur ended up coated in grime and soot by the end of the day. There was absolutely no way of avoiding it, unless she decided to stand in a river all day. Wrinkling her nose, she licked a fine layer of ash off of her paws as she crawled out of her small den underneath a tree. Everything tastes like dirt these days.. Giving herself a good shake, Keres scanned the tiny camp for the other loners who had joined the Clans in their retreat from their old homes. She was still uncomfortable living among the Clan cats after avoiding their territories for so long, so she preferred sticking close to her other friends. Keres spotted Shadowseer and Moonsong approaching the RiverClan leader and bounded after them, kicking up little dust clouds as she went.

Last edited by Keres on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keres
Keres

http://warriorcatsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravensky Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:03 pm

(Raven should be in Berserkers guys. I know what she would look like!)
Raven Plays with Sticks:

I was in the forest. The leaves rustled, the familiar sound as sweet as a birds call. I slid in between the bracken. Quickly I jumped over a tree root sticking out of the ground, making a home for tons of little creatures. The wind whistled through the trees and the sun was at the horizon, the smell of the night hitting my nose. The stars were just peeking behind their blanket of shadows. I pranced through the forest coming across a stream which I followed to the WindClan border. The scent of moor hot my nose. I felt at peace with my two favorite places surrounding me. I was alone so I decided to walk to the moonpool. Live in the paws of a medicine cat for once just to see the reflection of the moon on its waters. I climbed up rocks until I made it there. I looked into the crystal clear waters. Expecting to see beauty I was taken aback. The fur on my spine rose. I hissed and sheathed and unsheathed my claws. Two daggers hung from my discusted mouth. In the pool I saw a cat, bloody from head to toe with fire for eyes. The ashen cat had a missing eye and two rows of fangs from its foamed mouth. Patches of fire were rocking violent at the she-cat's tail tip and the tip of her crooked ears. She hissed and sprung at me, fire consuming me.

I yelped. Fur was wet on my face. I was panting hard as if I were about to pass out. I stood up. I was in my usual spot, on a tree branch. I was glad for the hundredth time for sleeping there, not only because I didn't have to sleep by any cat, but because I didn't have to get any more remarks about being a whimp, having nightmares every day since I appeared here. I sat down, my eyes glazed in a thick layer of sadness. That was too real to be a dream. Maybe I had to tell someone about it. Who in the clan will believe a cat who has nightmares every day? They will probably just think I had a vivid one that seemed real. This one was more than a dream though. Who can I trust? The name came to me instantly. Drizzlestar was a cat who would listen. I stared into camp waiting for a later time to talk...
Ravensky
Ravensky
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelstar Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:27 am

Hazelstar's ears pricked as she saw Shadowseer and a nervous Moonsong following behind her. She dipped her head and lowered her paws briefly to the loner's leader, having great respect for Shadowseer from past incidents with the clans. "It's nice to see you Shadowseer, I really wish we could be meeting on happier terms though. You too Moonsong." She stood up, shaking her pelt and paws briefly from the ash. You look well.. Hazel noted, looking at the two cats, It's obvious the Berserkers didn't effect you. Hazelstar nodded to the she-cats observing eyes and comment about the make-shift camp, "You're right, it's been.. well rough. RiverClan took the hardest hit with their bombs. We lost almost 15 cats, ranging from kits to elders to warriors." Hazelstar looked away, trying to hide her sorrow to some extent, "I try my best to look strong for the remaining clan members and leaders but it's hard." She flicked her tail across the ground, glancing around.

"Our injured have been taken care of, we have a couple of wounds here and there that aren't healing up without a fight. The only reoccurring problem is this ash getting into our cat's lungs. It can't be helped with it laying everywhere." She says, swiping up a pawful for example. It circles and lands gently back onto the ground with the rest of the gray dust. "Would you like to come with me to explore the territories? You too Silverlily," she says, acknowledging the she-cat approaching them, "I wanted to scout out the damage and see if there's anything salvageable for the clans."

Ravensky, you're welcome to join us! It's up to you Razz
Hazelstar
Hazelstar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizzlestar Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:52 am

Drizzlestar hadn't had decent sleep for the past three moons. Ever since the incident at the lake territories, she has been having reoccurring nightmares. Horrid dreams that took place right after the clan's last gathering.

Everything burning down at the lake, each one of the clan's camp with it's warrior's unknowing of their untimely fate. Helpless kits burning to a crisp alongside their mothers, elders and apprentices sleeping just to wake up with their fur aflame, warrior's crying out to the others as they themselves go up in flames. Everyone was already dead by the time trees collapsed due to the fire, only spreading it further and further. Bodies, scorched earth, and ash lay scattered in the now nonexistent ThunderClan camp. The fire continued to travel across the land, even beyond the clan's territories.

More than half of the survivors were from that gathering, the warrior's who were lucky to have been chosen to go that night. Drizzlestar felt a world of guilt. Regret that the warriors back at camp hadn't come to the gathering because of her. If she had only known...If she could have saved them all in return for the rest of her lives.
Why hadn't StarClan notified any of them about this? The moon was shining brightly that night, up until the gathering had ended, and a warrior amongst the crowd pointed out to the burning of WindClan's moors. Soon after, SkyClan's, ShadowClan's and ThunderClan's trees were ablaze in a matter of seconds, and from RiverClan, came a fiery explosion.

Drizzlestar gazed up to the sky from her perch on the highest tree branch. She had been in the same tree for most of the time of the last couple moons. She occasionally checked up on the others, tended to them, hunted for prey, but she preferred to be in this tree. It reminded her of home, of ThunderClan territory, and she felt closer to StarClan. Even if they weren't close to her.
Drizzlestar
Drizzlestar
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenheart Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:48 am

Ravenheart coughed as she breathed in more ashes that where laying around. She sighed and flicked her tail. She sat up, hoping it would keep the ashes from reaching her nostrils. She looked around and starting lapping her pelt clean. She had just gotten back from a hunting patrol, and all she wanted to do was rest but she couldn't seem to get to sleep. I wander if I should round up a hunting patrol, or are there some starting now? she thought as she looked around.
Ravenheart
Ravenheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravensky Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:40 pm

The sun was slowly glistening above the horizon. I got up and stretched, my maw snapping and closing shut. I opened my forest green eyes open and stood up straight. Breathing in that hard wasn't good for me though, because I soon inhaled ashes. I held in my cough not wanting to wake the others. My fur was still plastered to my face, the nightmare cat appearing every time my eyes closed. I walked to the end of the branch and leaped off of it not making a sound. Silently, I scurried over to where Drizzlestar slept. She was up gazing at the stars. I sighed seeing how sad she looked. It wasn't her fault those cats died though, it was those devil cats. I scaled the tree trunk and walked onto the branch where she usually sat. A wicked cough escaped my mouth and I walked back a bit so she wouldn't have to listen to it close up. One last one echoed through the trees and I finally came and sat by her. "Sorry about that. I tried to hold it in." I sighed. "Anyways, I came here to tell you something. I, I had this nightmare again. This one was different though. I was looking into the moonpool and I saw a cat who was on fire but didn't seem to be harmed by it. She leaped on me and then I woke up. I just think that might be one of those cats. So, maybe they are made of fire or are immune to it. I don't know, I just thought I'd tell you just in case." I mumbled, my memories still haunted by that creature. Maybe it was just another nightmare, nothing to worry about. Maybe it was just my imagination...
Ravensky
Ravensky
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowseer Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:12 pm

"Keres! I'm glad you decided to finally show yourself again- it's been far too long." Shadowseer welcomed the other rogue she-cat warmly, ashes circling in the air as she turned to greet Keres. Seeing another friendly face would hopefully perk up the despondent Clan cats.

Redirecting her attention to Hazelstar, Shadowseer felt a twinge of sympathy as she listened to Hazelstar, her belly roiling as the other she-cat explained the great amount of causalities that befell her clan. Her ears perked slightly at the mention of bombs, unease settling heavily upon her shoulders. "Bombs? So I was correct; the fire was not a natural one." Shadowseer reflected, an icy chill creeping down her spine as she examined the underfed cat's within the camp. Shadowseer gently rested the dark, heavy fur of her tail upon Hazelstar's in a gesture of comfort before whisking it away quickly. Shadowseer took the chance to briefly examine what she could see of the burnt, lifeless forest- the scent of fire still drifting softly through the stale air.

"I would very much like to accompany you through the forest- perhaps we can see if there's any remaining evidence about what started the fire while we examine the territories." Shadowseer hummed, looking over at Hazelstar- noticing the how her usually pristine fur hung heavily over her ribs. As a matter of fact; all the cats within the camp had prominent ribs despite the moons of Green Leaf all ready in full swing.

"I would also like for you to explain what actually happened here- with the fire and all." Shadowseer added, looking back to the loitering Moonsong with expectant eyes. Shadowseer shuffled slightly, quickly becoming irritated with how the ashes clung to her long fur.
Shadowseer
Shadowseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keres Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Keres greeted Shadowseer and Moonsong with pricked ears and bright eyes. "It's good to see you two again! It's a shame the circumstances are so grim at the moment." She turned and dipped her head respectfully towards the RiverClan leader, accepting her proposal to scout out the surrounding area. "I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. It would be good to know what's nearby. And if we can find a running body of water, we could move the camp closer. I feel like that would help with the ashes and the coughing as well." Keres glanced uneasily towards the sleeping Clan cats, who were mostly still sleeping. They looked so thin and weak, and a persistent cough would only exacerbate their problems. It meant fewer healthy cats who could hunt, and less food meant that the injured would have a harder time healing... It was a vicious cycle, and for a moment, Keres couldn't even begin to comprehend how those Beserkers had almost destroyed Clan life in a single night.
Keres
Keres

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelstar Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:09 pm

"Alright," Acknowledged Hazelstar, turning away from the camp and waving her tail for the three to follow. "I can explain on the way if you'd like. You know the traditions of the clans quite well and how we meet under the full moon? While we were there, the full moon got covered and the stars disappear meaning, to my best guess, that StarClan has abandoned us. To my knowledge, I haven't heard of them sense. They too may not know what to do.." Hazelstar rambled on, casually going from a walk to a light jog, wanting to be in open space again, "As we were leaving, some cat burned the fields of WindClan. While that caught our attention, ThunderClan, SkyClan, and ShadowClan caught fire as well. A handful of cats from each clan made it to us from the camps, but definitely not a lot.." She spaced a bit, her voice cracking before continuing on, "With that said, RiverClan got hit the hardest. We got bombed from something, I don't know how. Nobody who was left in RiverClan survived. We then scurried like scared mice with our heads and tails tucked in right out of there. And we would blame us? This is a power that even StarClan is afraid of."

Hazelstar stopped, coming to the hill that began WindClan territory. She was out of breath, panting due to the run. Dang, I'm so out of shape, this isn't good if we have to run from something... She glanced behind her, waiting for the three cats to come join her.
Hazelstar
Hazelstar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowseer Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:22 pm

"I have not come across cat's who've learned the secrets to harnessing fire ever since I came to this land. Let alone some who possessed the capability to blow apart entire camps." Shadowseer admitted, following behind Hazelstar at a slightly slower pace. The charred scent of the fire-ravaged forest grew stronger the longer the small party followed the white she-cat, while the signs of disaster became more evident. Shadowseer's pace increased slightly, her longer legs allowing her to easily keep stride with Hazelstar as she listened intently to the other she-cat's words. Pangs filled Shadowseer's stomach as she listened to her companion explain how they came to such a heavy casualty.

"And I'm sure that your gods- Starclan," Shadowseer corrected herself with the foreign word, "have not abandoned you. Perhaps they're silent with the belief that this is a trial meant for the Clan's to handle themselves?" She suggested, stopping beside the slightly out-of-breath Hazelstar as they reached the bottom of a wide, sloping hill that slowly expanded outwards into a heavily-burnt moorland.
Shadowseer
Shadowseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Moonsong padded a few steps forward, scuffling their paws through the ash half-idly as they moved to stand a paw-length behind Shadowseer, at her shoulder. They watched with empty disdain as Hazelstar and Shadowseer spoke, decided on a course of action (they could chime in, but between the acrid scent of smoke, the ash tracking its way into their paws and throat, they're not too inclined to do much of anything, and they're supposed to trust their mentor, yes? the feel of everything is off, tension crackling under their skin, and the heat feels like it's baked into the earth under them) and trudged after the little train of cats through the scorched wasteland.

Still -- they can't repress a faintly sarcastic noise at Hazelstar's fears of StarClan abandoning the Clans as a whole, looking up at the empty sky, bright and burning, in a habitual movement before darting a glance over to her. "...that's no less abandonment. And a trial would presume that they had some paw in this...?" Moonsong wouldn't pass over that as an option, but they have a nasty suspicious mind and regardless of worship, they're not like to trust gods, even those of ancestors passed.
Moonsong
Moonsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Keres Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:27 am

Keres trotted after the after the others, pausing every once in awhile to glance warily around the ash-covered landscape. The so-called Berserkers had left them alone for the moment, but who knew if any of them weren't watching them at the moment? Following? Waiting for a moment to strike and wipe them out for good? The fur along her spine spiked and she hurried to catch up with the others. Keres managed to catch Shadowseer's last question as the group slowed to a stop atop a hill. What was once a fertile moor was now a scorched wasteland. What kind of a deity would let this happen? she thought indignantly, although she stifled her reservations from the rest of the cats. "Have you -- I don't know-- considered the motivation behind these Berserkers in burning your territories? They chose a night in which many of the Clans were out of the direct path of destruction. Could that be a coincidence? And after burning so much, could they really make a home here?"

Last edited by Keres on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keres
Keres

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowseer Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Shadowseer's tail collided with the pale fur of Moonsong's face, a soft thud ringing in the ashen air. The tortoiseshell she-cat turned to give her apprentice a rather foul look in response to their scoffing at the ongoing conversation. Ear twitching in annoyance, Shadowseer redirected her attention towards the scorched moorland; the sight of the burnt up land stirring memories of her dream. The she-cat continued to stare at the fire-ravaged land, her mind working in over-drive as it attempted to create any sort of recognition or recollection of the prophetic dream. Shadowseer was quickly snapped out of her almost trance-like state as Keres spoke again, and she quickly looked towards the other rogue she-cat. Keres did have a fair point- if the Berserker's had burnt the territories in an attempt to take over the Clan's lands; how would they survive in the burnt territories?

"Perhaps they have started hunting outside of the territories? All the other forests are still untouched. I'm assuming that the Clan's have learned very little about who's responsible for the fires? For all we know they might of just chosen at random to eliminate any outside competition by burning the Clan's territories." Shadowseer finally spoke, briefly looking over at Keres as she acknowledged her companion's words before looking back at Hazelstar expectantly, her bright eyes glinting in the harsh sunlight.
Shadowseer
Shadowseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizzlestar Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Drizzlestar's ear's perked up as she heard a cough somewhere behind her. Ravensky soon came up to her, apologizing for something so unnecessary. It was common to cough, wheeze or sneeze nowadays, due to the ash that seemed to follow them. Ravensky promptly continued on, reporting a dream she had. Drizzlestar listened intently as Raven notified her of the details. Everything in it seemed odd, but then again, it was just a dream. There was no telling if it was actually sent by StarClan or if it was only her imagination.
Drizzlestar turned her head slightly to take a small glance at Ravensky. She looked to be troubled by the nightmare, though that was a given, considering the incident. All the surviving cats were having nightmares and not one of them could do a thing to stop it. The only thing Drizzlestar thought that could get rid of the horrid dreams was to actually face the monsters head on. The ones who started the fire, and to see who, or what their enemy was.

Blinking, Drizzle gave a soft sigh before standing up and padding over to Ravensky. She placed her muzzle atop of Raven's head as a sign of comfort. "Don't worry, Ravensky. It'll be alright. We're all here together, we're all here to make sure no one else dies." Staring ahead of her, into the darkness of the tree, Drizzlestar held a sorrowful smile. "I'll give the rest of my lives so that no more of our Warrior's will be killed in cold blood."
Drizzlestar
Drizzlestar
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfrost Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Blackfrost stared of into the distance as she flicked her healing tail. She looked sadly at her burnt, but healing, patches of bare skin. She reached down and lapped at her fur. She looked back to clan territory, and her gaze hardened. why did RiverClan have to be struck the hardest! Not even one of our cats from camp made it out.. all those kits.. dead.. and out of cold blood. she thought with a shiver and looked at her paws. She stared down at the ashes and grass and promised this. I will avenge them. She sighed and laid on her side. She tucked her nose under her paw, and put the other paw under her muzzle to keep it away from the ashes.
Blackfrost
Blackfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelstar Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Hazelstar tilted her head, taking in all the information the foreigners gave her, "I like hearing what you have to say," she mentions, "and I do want to see if we can learn more about these, Berserkers." she comments, turning her back to the burned moor and facing the loners, "We should see what we can find down in WindClan or RiverClan's old camps. Let's be careful though so we don't encounter little to no dangers." She flicks her tail, motioning them again down the steep hill into WindClan's old territory. The scent markers were long gone and Hazelstar only smelled ash and dead grass. The moor's used to be so pretty, now this is just so depressing.. She acknowledges the steep hill be slowing down to a stop, noticing a stream of smoke coming from ThunderClan, "I think it'd be best if stayed away from there." She shivered from head to paw, making sure the rogues were behind her, "Hey Shadowseer, do you mind leading this patrol?" She felt woozy on her paws, awful memories being brought right to the surface, "I'll be okay once I get my bearings."
Hazelstar
Hazelstar
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowseer Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Shadowseer eyed Hazelstar, noticing how the white she-cat shuddered and looked like she was ready to fall over but held her tongue. "She needs to sit down." Shadowseer reflected, eyeing the exhausted looking she-cat. Shadowseer then returned her gazed to the still-smoking skeletal remains of the forest that used to house Thunderclan, her thick fur prickling as the moorland winds blew the smoke right into the patrol's faces.

"Of course." Shadowseer nodded, stepping ahead of Hazelstar.
She inhaled deeply while recollecting all of her knowledge of the Clan territories from her previous visits. Noticing that the scent of smoke was significantly less in direction of what used to be ShadowClan, Shadowseer set off towards the territory with a brisk pace- being out in the open like this was not something she was entirely comfortable with.

"I noticed that I did not see Onyxstar within the camp." Shadowseer spoke quietly after traveling for a few moments, looking back over at Hazelstar. "Was that a coincidence or?" She continued, her tone dropping significantly at the mention of the Shadowclan leader.
Shadowseer
Shadowseer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackfrost Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:04 pm

ooc poof her there.

ic. Blackfrost hurried along to the patrol, as she had fallen behind when they ran. She slowed as she reached the group of cats and padded along side them towards ShadowClan territory. She eyed the land warily. I don't want to get near all those pine trees and sap... but I guess it is the place with the least amount of smoke, and what did you think Blackfrost that we would go to RiverClan?! She told herself sternly.
Blackfrost
Blackfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keres Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Keres looked worriedly at the RiverClan leader, and as Shadowseer took the lead of the group, she took up a position at Hazelstar's shoulder in case the she-cat were to stumble or trip. We need to find prey, she thought, opening her jaws to taste the air again. Food would give all us the strength we so desperately need. But all Keres could detect was smoke and ashes. It was everywhere and it covered everything, masking all her senses as well. It coated her tongue, stuffed her nose and clung to her thick fur, and it covered all the ground and vegetation she could see. Other than their steps and their breathing, the moor was deathly quiet. "We need to stop somewhere to see if we can catch some prey," she said aloud, then dropped off quickly when she realized Shadowseer was asking a question.
Keres
Keres

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum